Notre Dame is a leading American research university that offers undergraduate, professional, and graduate students a unique academic environment. Enriched by Catholic intellectual and cultural traditions, it is a place that throughout its history has promoted excellent teaching.
At Notre Dame, you can join a community of students, teachers, scholars, and researchers committed to advancing its rich Catholic mission of “Learning to think rigorously, so as to act rightly and to serve humanity better.” (Pope John Paul II) At Notre Dame, you will find a diverse community of students, teachers, scholars, and researchers who, whatever their beliefs, are committed to that mission.
Community of Scholars
As an undergraduate at Notre Dame, you will transition into academic life by participating in the First Year of Studies. You can then discover the wealth of the University’s academic opportunities in the varied majors, minors, and programs offered by Arts and Letters, Business, Science, Engineering, and Architecture. You can learn in some of the most advanced academic facilities available anywhere such as the Jordan Hall of Science and the DeBartolo Center for the Performing Arts. You can also begin to discover a larger world by participating in one of Notre Dame’s 44 international study programs, as well as one of many exciting and expanding undergraduate research opportunities.
As a professional degree candidate in Law, Business, or Architecture at Notre Dame, you will find academic rigor, liberating discoveries in classrooms and studios, skilled mentoring by accomplished practitioners, and the ethical responsibility that belongs to Catholic professional education.
As a graduate student at Notre Dame, you will be mentored in a community of scholars, scientists, and artists that works at the highest level and engages in many collaborative projects across disciplines. Notre Dame’s numerous centers and institutes provide essential support for some of these multidisciplinary collaborations.
Fighting to Inspire the Mind and Spirit
- Football weekend events: Notre Dame vs. Stanford Wednesday, October 12
- McGraths endow Institute for Church Life with $15 million gift Friday, September 23
- Football weekend events: Notre Dame vs. Duke Wednesday, September 21
- Take Ten program receives Serve Indiana 2016 Award of Excellence Wednesday, November 30
- International crèche exhibit and pilgrimage returns to Notre Dame campus Monday, November 28
- Architecture Library
- Archives, University of Notre Dame
- Center for Digital Scholarship
- Chemistry - Physics Library
- Engineering Library
- Hesburgh Library
- The Julian Samora Library, Archives and Special Collections
- Kellogg/Kroc Library
- Kresge Law Library and Technology
- Mahaffey Business Library
- Medieval Institute Library
- Music and Media Services Unit
- O’Meara Mathematics Library
- Radiation Chemistry Reading Room
- Rare Books and Special Collections
- Visual Resources Center